Fast, Accurate Specimen Collection
Each specimen has specific collection requirements to ensure that test results are as accurate and fast as possible. The following tips will help you collect specimens correctly the first time:
- Include no less than the stated minimum specimen for the test
- When drawing blood, ensure that you draw an amount 2.5 times the serum or plasma volume required.
- Avoid overfilling tubes when specimen requires freezing
- Handle specimens carefully to avoid hemolysis
- Use the proper container for each specimen
- Correctly label each specimen and include all necessary information
- Ensure that container lids are fully tightened to avoid leaks and contamination
For more specifics, consult our easy directory where you’ll learn about how to properly collect and store specimens for each of our available tests.
Efficient, High-Quality Lab Testing
When you need efficient, high-quality lab testing, rely on Tenet. We'll provide expert answers to your questions so you can give your patients the best care possible.Get in Touch